The Christie Cadaveric Courses: Cytoreductive and HIPEC Course
28 Nov 2022
This highly focused and specialised hands-on cadaveric course will cover intra-abdominal surgical anatomy and assessment of abdominal cavity for signs of peritoneal malignancy as well as obtaining a sound understanding of the surgical anatomy and operative techniques involved in cytoreductive surgery. The course is intended to help in the understanding of the diagnosis, investigation and peri-operative management as discussed in an MDT.
Taught and delivered by world experts in the field on cytoreductive surgery for peritoneal malignancy, the cadaveric session will include intra-abdominal surgical anatomy, assessment of abdominal cavity for signs of peritoneal malignancy and hands-on training on cytoreductive surgery for peritoneal malignancy including omentectomy (greater and lesser), diaphragm peritoneal stripping, liver mobilization and ablation, cholecystectomy, splenectomy, salpingo-oophorectomy, bowel resections and pelvic peritonectomy.
Highlights of this course include:
• High tutor to delegate ratio
• Use of fresh frozen cadaver for all procedures
• Faculty comprising of global experts in the field
• Hands-on workshops
• Consultant Colorectal Surgeons
• Consultant Oncological Surgeons
• Consultant Urological Surgeons
• Consultant Gynaecological Surgeons
• Clinical Fellows in Colorectal, Gynaecological, Urological and Oncological Surgery
• Senior Surgical Trainees with interest in Peritoneal Surface Malignancy and Cytoreductive Surgery